December 7, 2019
- Tanner English to take in the seat in the Riggs Motorsports camp for 2020. Tanner will come on as a Full time employee of the team and be in the shop daily working and preparing cars. They will start their campaign at East Bay in 2020. They look to run a mixed schedule with a possible run at the Summer Nationals Hell Tour title.
See Silly Season blog below.....
Late Model Silly Season Nuggets
(By Tyson Graves)
- Oct 21 - Devin Moran out at Dunn Benson and will reunite with Tye Twarog in 2020 with a national tour still unknown at this time.
- Oct 31 - SSI Motorsports announces it will not field a Late Model team in 2020 leaving Hudson O'Neal without a ride next year.
- Nov 8 - Kyle Strickler shows up at World Finals in his own self funded Late Model, vacating the seat at Wells Motorsports
- Nov 10 - Ashton Winger makes it known he will compete for the World of Outlaw Rookie of the Year in 2020.
- Nov 11 - Camden, Ohio driver Kody Evans announces he will compete for the World of Outlaw Rookie of the Year 2020.
- Nov 20 - Brandon Overton makes known he is out of the Rum Runner ride and will take over the Wells Motorsports seat that was vacated by Kyle Strickler before World Finals.
- Nov 21 - Crate standout Pearson Lee Williams will take over for Rum Runner Racing immediately with a scaled back schedule in the plans for 2020.
- Nov 22 - Darrell Lanigan announces his movement from his Club 29 house car to the Barry Wright House Car in 2020, Barry Wright still to support Ross Bailes in 2020 who drove the house car in 2019.
- Nov 23 - Hudson O'Neal announced as the new driver for the Mastersbilt house car in 2020 with a return to the Lucas Oil Late Model tour.
- Nov 25 - Announced that Brandon Sheppard will drive for Donny Schatz in the Dome for the Gateway Dirt Nationals in a one off race effort.
- Dec 7 - Tim McCreadie new car owner in 2020 with Donald Bradsher in the Longhorn Chassis housecar. Will run the Lucas Oil National tour in 2020 with Blistein Shocks on board as well. Look to start their 2020 campaign at Florida/Georgia Speedweeks. New ride will be on display at PRI this next week.
Still many unanswered speculations in the dirt late model community. Who will stay on what national tour in 2020? Will Dunn Benson continue and field a late model in 2020? Will there be some chassis changes for some big names in the coming year? Will there be some more regional drivers make the step up to a national tour? We still have a lot of dominoes to fall this off season that we are following closely and we will let you know as soon as they become official. Make RPM your place for the latest breaking news!